Community Rules and Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the PEAK Grantmaking online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
This is a great forum through which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, PEAK Grantmaking reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Questions about the community and the rules and guidelines outlined here should be directed to PEAK Grantmaking’s e-learning and content manager at email@example.com or by using the form on “Contact Us” page, found by using the link at the top right of your screen while logged into the community. However, questions about PEAK Grantmaking should be directed to the Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation and generate learning, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Your messages are not private. Don't post confidential, private, or legally privileged information.
- Messages used to solicit grant funding are strictly prohibited.
- Messages related to sales or offerings of products and services are strictly prohibited on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other areas in the community.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal language and/or materials are strictly prohibited and will be removed. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, including the information regarding copyright.
- Please do not repost content shared by others that may be deemed sensitive without the permission of the original poster. Keep in mind that other participants may reproduce postings to this site.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists and/or libraries. All messages should add to the grants management body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature line on all messages that states your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting, and makes it easier for members to search the archives.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that most of the participants can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals—not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link/option to the right of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me,” to the community. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing your e-mail address, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings. If you need further assistance, contact the PEAK Grantmaking content manager directly.
- You may want to warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of PEAK Grantmaking and others who may use our products and services and take part in our events. PEAK Grantmaking is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by participants. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by PEAK Grantmaking or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall PEAK Grantmaking be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants PEAK Grantmaking and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Do not post messages that encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
PEAK Grantmaking does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of PEAK Grantmaking we will take all appropriate action.
PEAK Grantmaking reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules and guidelines.